Gmail is the most commonly used email sending platform because it is easy to use and comes with a lot of effective features. But this does not negate the fact that you will never lose access to your Gmail account. There may be some cases where you have difficulty logging into your Gmail account due to incorrect password input, network problems, etc.
I can’t help you with network issues, but I can certainly assist you if you can’t sign in to your Gmail account due to a wrong password. Basically, Gmail provides two ways to recover your Gmail account-
- Use your phone number
- Use your Email Address
This guide will talk about how you can recover your Gmail account using your recovery email address; so let’s start with the steps.
Steps to reset Gmail password with recovery email address
- Go to www.gmail.com
- Enter the Gmail address for which you want to reset your password.
- Click ‘Forgot Password’
- Then enter the last password you remember using with your Gmail account and click ‘Next’.
- You will then receive a notification on the mobile device you used to sign in to your Gmail account, if this happens to you, tap ‘Yes’ on your mobile device. you and press the number you see on the screen. Once done successfully, you will be allowed to change your Gmail account password. If you don’t have access to your mobile device, click ‘Try another’.
- The next option you may get is to enter the answer to the security question that you set up when you created your Gmail account. If you don’t know the answer, click ‘Try another’.
- The last option you’ll get is to use your recovery email address to reset the password for your Gmail account. You must first enter the full recovery email address associated with your Gmail account and then click ‘Submit’. Then log in to your recovery email account and get the code you received from Gmail. Enter that code on the password recovery page and click ‘Verify’. After successful implementation, you will be allowed to create a new password for your Gmail account.
Also check out this related video-
If you are looking for more information about Gmail account recovery, you can read our other related articles here:
Restore Gmail with two-step verification
Restore Gmail without Recovery Email or Phone number